Saturday, March 28

Starting an eBay Business For Dummies on a Playaway audiobook?

I opened a box from my publisher the other day to find the latest iteration of one of my books, it's on a Playaway(?). I went to the website and checked it out:

"Playaway is the newest format of audio, combining a wide variety of content with an easy-to-use player all in one small unit. When you receive your Playaway, all you have to do is press play to start listening immediately – there is no need for a separate player, and it comes with earbuds and a battery to make it play.

Playaway is the most simple and immediate way to enjoy music and audiobooks. Its portability allows users to enjoy their favorite authors and titles on-the-go, whenever and wherever. "

Well son of a gun, sounds interesting, so I emailed the manufacturer for more info. They didn't respond. I guess I'm not a big enough name. Their site featured a trade-in program, which makes these audiobooks pretty green.

Amazon sells them too: Starting an E-Bay Business for Dummies (Playaway Adult Nonfiction) and it seems they have a co-author attached to it. After some studying (since I've never heard of the co-author) it seems the person listed "reads" the book. What the hey? I've checked him out - he's big in the voice over industry, so I guess that makes his reading my words equally important as my writing the book.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that I'll be able to "listen" to your book as well. After listening to your excellent voice on your radio show, I'm surprised they didn't ask for you to do the voiceover yourself though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marsha! How great for you! You must really be excited. Now how cool is that?

    I have read your books and now I can listen to them, Wahooo! I am always recommending your books to new eBay sellers and now I have another means to get them hooked on your teachings like I am, lol! :)

    My mom brought one of these gadgets from our local library. Her's was on a cowboy book. I took a look at it and thought this is really cool. I just love the size of it.

    I couldn't believe that the earphones were even included in the packet. However I will be using my own earplugs ;). I didn't know that they are for sale on Amazon thanks for that tip. I must check it out.

    Technology, technology, technology what is left to say but technology, lol!

    WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha - great idea but I have a gripe with this... why aren't you with your unique "Computer & Technology Radio" voice not doing the voice over?!? :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:40 AM

    Oh my, what will they think of next...great for those "on the run" who forgot their iphone, dvd, cd, mp3, or whatever player we are supposed to be using now...lol...Good for you, however they get the word out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation - thank you for stopping by!